Sunday 26 October 2014

The Day Before

The twenty-fifth of October was Jane's birthday, a special day for our family.  Happy birthday, Jane, I am glad that you are having fantastic holidays in New Zealand.  You have been enjoying the holiday with Milo, Ed and Ivy.  What a place to celebrate a birthday.

I had a good day in the garden, in the house and in the kitchen.  We share the birthday month with our daughter Jane,  I thought to bake a delicious and pretty cake was a good idea.  Rose petal cake filled with custard and white chocolate and dressed with meringue was the cake.   Indeed, it looked beautiful, maybe too girlish, but why not.  To be young in spirit is as good as being young.  But the cake was indeed Jane, it's gorgeous and delicate.

We cut the cake and shared it for supper, it 's soft, sweet, and luscious.
Just Joy and other Roses
from our Garden
Our Birthday Cake
Lacy Cake with Meringue
The cake, the birthday cake, our cake, it looked as wrapped in laces.  It had Mediterranean flavour just the way I wanted, and I know Jane would love it too.

25-10-2014

I put on the batik table cloth, thinking of my parents who used to own a batik cloth business.  With love, gratitude and fond memory, thank you, mother and father.

I am so proud of the beautiful flowers, the mixed colour of roses and irises for our table which I picked from my garden.

The day before my birthday, everything was in place, the garden looked neat enough, grass has been mowed, It looked so grand I must say.  And inside the house fresh cut flowers were everywhere.  The celebration started early for me,  a big thanks to my dear husband and family.

It has been a busy day today, and it was excellent Face Timing with Jane, we had a chat with her and the family.  Everyone looked tired but relaxed from the big day outing to see beautiful places.  They were ready to have a rest for the night.  I am glad that you had a fabulous day on your birthday, and all my very best wishes to you,  Happy Birthday Jane, always love, mum.  xx

The day was closed with a good dinner and luscious cake, which was accompanied by black coffee.  It was an indulgence, particularly for us who must not take too much sugar.  A good excuse, though, it was a birthday celebration.


IT WAS THE DAY BEFORE, but Tomorrow is going to be a different story, I am hoping a pleasant and happy day, and I will make the best of it.  On 25 October 1975,  I held a beautiful newborn baby girl, my second daughter.   She's the most precious birthday gift that I ever had, she is a mother now, a good wife and friend, a friend of all good people.  Bless you, Jane.

The day before my birthday thirty nine years ago was so significant to me and one of the happiest day of my life.  I am blessed.


Until next post
Thanks for visiting
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment