Friday 12 September 2014

SPRING in September


Snapshots from my backyard, taken today the eleventh of September.  From roses to flowering cymbidium.  The plants look very promising, the young leaves are soft and shiny, and some of the topiary balls are shaping beautifully. Also, the irises looking so good they appeared from their patch, and the green leaves are growing great every day,  I am sure we will have a lot of flowers.

In The Backyard
 I am looking forward to the irises in full bloom, last year they did not do well at all, but this year they can fill up the large vase I hope.


The Roses
Lovely soft green to bronze the colour of the leaves are looking so healthy.


Hydrangeas
The hydrangeas are growing and springing well after drastically pruned early this year, now I am pretty sure that there won't be any bloom this Summer.  My consolation is that there are a few potted hydrangeas which may be flowering.


Azalea
I have planted ten ore more azalea bushes; unfortunately I am not good at it,  only one has survived, but it has been growing and flowering well since.  It is a red small azalea bush.


Bamboo with Black Stem


Topiary 'balls' are taking shape beautifully.


Fruit Trees: Nectarine and Pink Ballerina Apple


Vegetables Garden
From Potted Lettuce to Self Grown Swiss Chard
I found these self-grown everywhere in my backyard, and the potted lettuce is ready to be harvested.

Butter Lettuce

 Swiss Chard-Self Grown


Cymbidium Orchids are in bloom, and they are happy enough to be outside in the backyard, and the Cyclamen never disappoints me, it is potted and has been flowering for a while.

There are signs of living in the backyard, it's all good.   More work has to be done, from tidying up the place to fertilising and other maintenance, but that is just the way to garden.  We may have to wait until we both are fit enough to be gardening; however Rayner has been cutting the grass regularly, that made the garden looks better.  Now I am enjoying the view of the backyard from my windows.  September is the beginning of Spring, and it is fresh and lovely.


Until next time, more pictures from my garden, and thank you for visiting.



Until Next Post
Susy





No comments:

Post a Comment