Monday 15 September 2014

ORCHIDS - 2014


There are no flowers for my dendrobium-Australian native orchid.  Last year I divided the Dendrobium speciosum, and they are growing well, the others are not looking so good, they need special care.  Hopefully next year they will do better with a beautiful bloom.

The cymbidiums are flowering beautifully, we have been enjoying the bloom from day one, some of them are inside the house, and a few are sitting outside in the backyard.

The Flowering Cymbidium




Cymbidium orchids with flowers, in the backyard
 Light yellow cymbidium, cascading mini cymbidium and Sara Jane cymbidium are budding; hopefully they are in full bloom sometime in November.


The front room of our house is accommodating the flowering cymbidiums, and the place fills up with the beautiful orchids,  at times I feel that we live in the forest.  Pleasant and Restful.

A lot of orchids has gone, the plants got damaged and died, I am sorry for my Cattleya,  the lilac colour is mainly which I miss the most.  However, it has been a good year for my orchid plants, could be better though.

I must update this post when the flowering orchids open up.  Until next time, stay tuned.


Thanks for Visiting
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment