Saturday 23 August 2014

Pastry

Home Made Pastry.

There are varieties of pastry; shortcrust, puff, filo and spring roll and so on. We know that we can get them of Pampas brand also the Careme range of traditional pastry is available nationally in fine food stores and independent supermarkets.

The ready-made pastry is there for us, why should we bother to make our own pastry, especially pastry making is challenging.  I did learn pastry making years ago, from basic pastry, puff pastry to choux pastry.  It was fun, and I have been putting them into practice to cook for my family. I have to admit though that I don't make puff pastry; instead, I buy them in the shop if I need it, the last one I made would be years ago.

The homemade pastry that I do is the water pastry, it is excellent for strudels, fruit and vegetable cheese pies.

 The mixture of melted butter and oil for brushing the pastry in between
This time I prepared a large batch of my water pastry, and I freeze them, I thought it would be nice to have homemade pastry at hand.  This is my first attempt, I do hope the pastry will be easy enough to roll out when it has defrosted.
Recipe for Susy Water Pastry, please look up to older post.


Preparing the Pastry and To Freeze It.

The Process 
Rolling out the dough to a large round
The round pastry is brushed with oil mixture
The pastry is joined together and put a piece of plastic in between
Stacking the pastry and wrapping them in foil for a safe keeping 
The pastry is covered in the foil and put in a plastic freezer bag for
deep freezing.



I will thaw the pastry, refrigerated overnight, then roll it out to use for my pies, I hope it is going to work. Does it keep well? You may have to find out.   Stay Tuned.


I



Until Next Post
Thanks for Visting
Susy



No comments:

Post a Comment