Monday 9 December 2013

Beautiful Gardens

I could only tell you so much about my garden, you know by now that it is such a small garden, a common sense garden, it is 'as you like it' and definitely it is not a formal or semi-formal garden. However, I am happy with my garden, and I have been sharing it through photos and stories with you for the past few years.

Now I am inviting you to look at beautiful gardens, state-owned and also friends' gardens.
One weekend I visited Jen's garden, which she created by herself and now is well established. The garden is so pretty, it has beautiful cottage flowers, the collection of the roses are so amazing, most of them old time roses which have a lovely fragrance.  I was also impressed with her strawberry garden, it is set up on a raised wooden beds, so the strawberries are cascading over the wooden frame when they are fruiting.
The Garden
Roses
I took photos only a few of them, she has hundreds
Fresh Cut Roses For Me, Beautiful!
Thanks, Jenny
The Strawberry Plants
The lettuce is growing very well behind the strawberry plants.
The Garden and The View
I was in my own elements, enjoying fresh air in the country, the beautiful flowers and also enjoying the hospitality of Jenny and John.  The freshly baked fruit scones were delicious, and the brewed coffee was excellent. Thank you.
While we were in Rome, we took photos of the Papal garden from the Vatican Museum.  I liked the pine of Rome, it's so pretty, but I could not buy the plants to take home.


The other beautiful garden that we have visited was Versailles in France.  It is a grand formal garden, so beautiful, it is very well thought garden with perfect maintenance.  It is visited by people from all over the world.
Versailles is probably the world's most famous garden, was built for Louis XIV and designed by André Le Notre.

Snapshots from Versailles 2005
Beautiful and manicured grass and potted plants
Well kept hedges with well-kept pine topiary plants
Colourful flowers in beautiful beds
It was a rainy day; however, we had enough time to look around.

Personally, I could enjoy more visiting small gardens, especially friends' garden which I could talk about with the owners.  In large and grand scale gardens in Europe, I will quickly get lost, but I would be happy to have the experience.

Visiting garden shows is good too, we can see and learn about gardening, garden styles, and designs. We visited  Floriade in Venlo, it was good to see beautiful flowers, garden styles from different countries, and so forth.

Snap Shots - Floriade Garden Show 2012
From beautiful foliage, flower garden styles, gorgeous colours of blooms to 
Japanese and Chinese garden.

Now it is summer in Australia, roses have gone for the first round of flowering, but the hydrangeas are in; unfortunately, they are not doing so well in my garden this year.

During summer months we can visit beautiful gardens, and also we can work in our yard while the weather is warm, to create and to care for a beautiful garden.

Enjoy the pictures of beautiful gardens, to be continued, stay tuned.
Thanks for visiting
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment