Sunday 3 November 2013

The New Look


Changes are good.  Winter flowers have long gone, and the Spring flowers and plants are here to give a new look in every corner.

The entrance from the backyard to the house has a new look, there are no more potted cyclamen flowers, potted tiny fig. Instead, we have a potted large weeping fig or ficus tree, potted Hoya and potted gardenia which is in flowers at present.  The fragrance is so delicate, when the door is open, we smell the lovely scent from inside the house.
The gardenia has been flowering and shown more buds

The tall weeping fig-Ficus benjamin


In the house, there are no longer large orchids, instead of the colourful orchids, we have  Monstera Deliciosa. It is a huge potted indoor plant, and 'how did it get there',  well I did it, but you don't want to know.  When I decided to move heavy things around, I make sure that Rayner is there, but he ought to be in a different room.  I like to work undisturbed, but if something unpleasant had to happen, I could ask him for help.  It took a while, but from start to finish, but I am pleased with the result.  The Monstera Deliciosa stands firmly with the leaves shiny and clean, and it looks beautiful.

Outside: the orchids are retired, for now, they are sleeping in shady places, and these potted hydrangeas took their place,  soon in December we will have the flowers.
One of the last orchids for this year is still going and sitting in between the potted hydrangea plants.



It is tedious work, replacing plants with new ones every time, but changing scenery is necessary to keep the place more exciting and more enjoyable.  I do like the new look.


Thanks for Stopping By
Until Next Post
Susy

2 comments:

  1. Dear Susy, your date and apricot scones were very Delicious and my special Moroccan cake was the Greatest A real mix of flavours. I closed my eyes and I was in Morocco Thank you for your kindness xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you love the scones and the Moroccan sponge cake, we did enjoy yours too, the vanilla sliced were so yum.

    Thanks Christine. xx

    ReplyDelete