Thursday 21 November 2013

A Visitor

The other morning before seven o'clock,  I opened the kitchen door, and I saw a cute cream colour rabbit in the backyard.  The rabbit was hopping along, enjoying himself (a boy maybe), exploring the garden.  It's the first time that a rabbit came to our yard.  I did not know what I had to do.  A few hours later, I was in the backyard, and I saw him again, he was sniffing around the grass, plants, and he decided to eat some of the fresh pea straw leaves.  I came close to him, and he did not care, he was so placid.
 The Cream Rabbit, the Visitor

I hope he won't eat everything in my vegetable patch, anyway there are not many plants, except herbs and baby Swiss chards.  I told Rayner about it, and he was surprised and laughed, he said: maybe it 's some one's pet.

In the afternoon, while Rayner was working in the backyard, there was no sign of him, and he has almost forgotten about the rabbit. However, in the late afternoon, he saw the rabbit,  he ran around and sniffing any plants or leaves.  Rayner thought that he was friendly, he was not scared of human beings, at least not with Rayner.




The rabbit was very choosy, he did not eat just about anything, he thought first and decided what he wanted to eat.

We let him go, as an evening has come and he was not there any more.  Tomorrow is another day, if he is back we must act accordingly, I thought we have to ring the Council.



This morning, it is the day after,  I looked for him, but he was not there, I hope he is home in a safe place.

I am sure if the grandkids were here, they would be happy to welcome him, to play with him.

It was good to see a rabbit in the backyard, but I am still wondering where did he come from?

Do rabbits damage gardens?  If they do, it is not welcome to our place, he must go to the place where he comes from.  He is an unwanted visitor.

OMG. The rabbit is back, outside at the very moment, eating the grass.  Rayner tried to catch him, but he moved so fast, he did not succeed.  Then he saw the rabbit was having a rest under the apple tree.  Rayner thought he must be a pet of someone.  I wish we could find the owner.

No, I have not seen the rabbit since yesterday, I hope he is well and happy with his family.

An amusing story?!



Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment