Saturday 14 September 2013

Is It ??? - NO IT IS NOT !!!


Cymbidium Orchids
One of my favourite orchids is the cascading cymbidium, they are so pretty, it makes a beautiful display inside the house.  White cascading Sarah Jane is gorgeous, unfortunately, mine is not doing very well, there are two spikes though (if it is), I do hope it is the Sarah Jane.

Other cascading cymbidium (is it?) with ten spikes, now the stems are growing longer, they may be reaching up to 60 cm also, just wait and see.


The Picture of Cymbidium Orchids with Spikes
Snapshots from different angles.

It is not Cascading Cymbidium with 10 Stems of Orchids.


 Pictures are taken Tuesday, 3 September 2013


Today is mid-September, and this cymbidium has shown the real flowers. Indeed It Is Not the cascading Orchid.  
Small Flower
Lime Green
It is an upright orchid, green colour.  So I have been wrong all along.  That is the trouble of not having proper labels for the plants.

Lime Green Upright Orchid



NO, IT IS NOT !!!


No, It Is Not  A Cascading Orchid.

********




Bulbarrow  Cascading Cymbidium
Two Spikes
Photos Taken Tuesday 3 September 2013

It Is A Cascading Orchid

*******




Cascading Cymbidium Miss Muffet
(Photos are taken, 3 September 2013)
Pictures from different angles.

It is beautiful, a gorgeous cascading red to a brownish orchid is budding.  There are four spikes, and soon they will be growing to longer stems which are cascading showing off their beauty.

The flowers have established now, and they are cascading beautifully.
Little Miss Muffet Cascading Orchid

IT IS!
Yes, it is a cascading Orchid.


I have been playing guessing games with the orchids, soon the spikes appear,  I get excited, mainly I am not sure what type of orchids they are.  So far it is fun though, I am sure next year I don't need to do these, as from now all the orchids are labelled, I don't need to guess any more: IS IT???



In The Kitchen

Freshly Picked Leafy Greens
and Edible Flowers
The mixed green leafy salad was prepared, and the dressing was a very light dressing.

Salt and fat are reduced, I have decided to lead a healthy living. For the particular salad, the dressing is only lemon juice, fresh herbs and a dash of olive oil, eventually omitting the oil may be the best way.


My salad dressings are so predictable, the vinaigrette always has mustard, salt, white vinegar and oil, the citrus dressing still has lime or lemon juice, salt and oil.  I intend to reduce salt, so all my dressings have no salt; instead, I use fresh herbs for extra flavour.  No mayonnaise instead I use yoghurt.

Today Salad is a leafy salad with mustard, and oil dressing.  
IT IS: The new mustard dressing for the salad

Tasty Leafy Salad 

No, not in the kitchen, I never play guessing games, most of the time I know what I am doing.
NO  QUESTIONS!




Have a good weekend!
Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment