Thursday 12 December 2019

NEW ROSES



The New Roses.
It is exciting to have new things, the ordered of the new roses arrived on the fourth of December,  A little disappointing it was as only two roses were received instead of four from the supplier-Treloar Roses. Kordes roses are famous for their beauty and deceased resistant, therefore, I am looking forward to adding to my roses collection.  Vibrant colour these roses have from ground cover-Purple Rain to rose bushes that are Fairy Tale Magic, Summer Romance and Orangerie. Sound good don't they.  The two came first were Potted Purple Rain and Potted Summer Romance.

Black Magic
A few more roses just about right, there is enough space to grow in the backyard,  and I think it's manageable. Do I need more roses? That's a question I could not answer.

I know people who have hundreds of plants in their private garden, it's all good.  My proud and joy is still the red rose Black Magic by Tantau Rose. I started off with a rose bush, and now easily, there are ten living happily in my garden.


Here they are Kordes Roses -Purple Rain and Summer Romance.


Kordes Roses
EParcel-The Roses wrapped beautifully, securely with care.
I was curious about the condition of the plant after the long journey sitting inside the box, they were not too bad and look alright.  Soon after the plant was watered and having the fresh air outside, the roses plant were happier, and they look very much alive.  This kind of shopping I have never done before, but it turned out easy enough, the communication can be done by email correspondence, the customer service of Treloar Roses was excellent 
Patiently I had to wait for the other two roses which got lost on the way; actually, the reason was not apparent.

The Other Two Potted Roses - Fairytale Magic and Orangerie
Four days later, the second parcel arrived, delivered on Sunday.  It was a hot day that made the roses suffer.  Opened the package, and the roses must have the right treatment, put in the fresh air and watered. So they had, but the next day the leaves wilted and they looked tired, some of them dropped off.  Anyway, the advice from the Treloar Roses, 'water them daily, put them on in a sunny position, not too close from the brick wall etc.  And in two weeks, they will thrive well.  OH, I do hope so.  I listened well, water them daily, and they are growing alright so far.

Fairytale Magic Rose
Orangerie Rose



From here on the gardener has a considerable responsibility, planting, caring etc.  The roses are happy enough and will survive well in the pots, by Autumn they are ready to be put on the ground.

My first four of roses bred by Kordes; indeed, I am the proud owner.  Surely these plants will keep me busy, I would be happily occupied by.

Other New Roses

Meilland Rose
Two pink standards Pierre De Ronsard, are doing well in the pot, now they grow newer leaf, and also new buds appeared, that's very encouraging.  We have been so lucky that we stay home most of the time, and able us to care for all potted plants, not only the new roses.  We do have people to help to care for the garden if we had to go away, no need at the moment, but it 's good to have help.
Potted Standard Roses

 Planting climbing roses, Blushing Piere de Ronsard.  Hope I did the right thing to choose the place close by the water meter.


















I could believe it myself, at my age started again to plant a weeping rose.  What was I thinking, who is going to prune such a tall plant?  Had Sea Foam weeping rose years ago, but it did not grow very well, it died before we could enjoy the full and established bloom.
Here it is the Weeping Pierre de Ronsard Rose.  It was delivered from Melbourne, no, there was no particular rose in Traralgon Nursery at the time.  It is good to shop locally.
 We worked together to plant the "Dame" The Lanky Lady as I call her.


Here we are, we shall have colourful roses with soft and lovely fragrances in our garden. An important day for us, working together spending time in the garden.

One day on a shopping day we went to a department store, no, it was not a nursery, but it has a garden/nursery section.  I went in for fresh air and to have the treat to look at beautiful flowering plants, and what did I find, an English rose plant bred by David Austin, and it's The Lady Gardener.  I must have it I thought, the name says it all. I took her home and re-poted to a larger pot, and it could well be staying there forever, such a precious rose plant to me; yes, it will get the best treatment.

 The English Rose

This English Rose is settling very well since I planted in a big pot on the third week of November 2019.  In fact, the baby buds are showing off now, in two weeks they should be turning to beautiful flowers.



I never thought that I become the gardener for my family, to them, yes I am the Lady gardener, who love to grow plants, to care for them and enjoy the fruit of my hard work.




The New Roses Growing to Be Updated
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment