Saturday 17 June 2017

A Family Of Fourteen


Good News
It was in the evening, the familiar melody of a FaceTime ringing, sound friendly, and without expectation, carelessly I took the call to answer.  Here I was looking at my daughter Jane with a bundle.  A beautiful baby who was born a few hours before, I screamed with happiness to see her, and in fact, I could not remember what I say or what I did, could be a silly behaviour.  So it was a grand surprise as the baby was due on the fifteen or June. She was born four days earlier.  A little I could remember, I said-OH My God, My God and pointing to Jane and the baby, and soon afterwards we saw her husband Edwin who tried to explain the details about the baby at that time, however, I could not concentrate to listen.  I was aware then, it's a girl, beautiful baby girl! A Tiny and perfectly healthy baby.
Baby Elanora Esmée
Edwin calmly sharing his experienced about her birth and also giving us the details about the baby as a good papa would be.
Her name is Elanora Esmée, it is a lovely name, and I like it.  Jane said it has a beautiful meaning, and at this stage, I could not tell what is. Jane and Ed are very proud parents, they have two gorgeous children, Milo and Elanora.

Milo Issac Van Ras
Elanora Esmée Van Ras
We carried on talking with Jane's family for a little while, and finally, they had to say goodbye as they had to share the good news and showing off the baby to the other grandparents.


We both were so excited, happy and of course, Rayner the proud 'PoP' started ringing everyone - our other children about it.  The evening was so beautiful, my anxiety of waiting has gone. I am truly grateful.
Mother and the baby are both well.
We have six beautiful grandchildren, two from Jane and four from Melanie, the eldest daughter.

A big welcome to Elanora, now our family is a big happy family of fourteen.  We are Blessed.

I look around the room that evening, and there were bright pink flowers everywhere.   Very appropriate!

A happy evening it was and the night was still young,  I thought, that would be great sharing the news with our sports club tomorrow and offer sweets with a pretty pink colour.  Soon after the baking took place.
It has always been my way of sharing lovely cooking for celebrations.

It is a Short Post but Very Sweet!


Until Next Post
Susy



No comments:

Post a Comment