Wednesday 7 September 2016

Orchids 2016

Cymbidium orchid is easy enough to grow and to care for, this year I have more new orchids to add to my collection. 
Beautiful Orchid Flowers




New Orchids from Phalaenopsis to Tracyanum.


We had a great time visiting an Orchid Show in Sale, and I took home Tracyanum orchid. It is so pretty, and it has a lovely fragrance.



Another new orchid is Pleione - peacock orchid,  it was a gift of a friend, thanks, Anne. It is in flower now, I am very proud and pleased that it is doing so well.



Australian native orchids are beautiful with its fragrance, I have a couple of those, dendrobium and Dendrobium speciosum.  The flowers are not looking great this year, but I am hopeful next year they will be flowering better.
A new dendrobium, a gift of Chris from the Gippsland Orchid Club.  Thank you.
Now it has finished flowering, and I am hoping that the plant grows well and it will have more flowers in the future.


My orchids are overall not doing badly but could be better.  The family has been enjoying the blooms, they make a beautiful display inside the house.  From Autumn to Early Spring we have an orchid, and soon in late Spring to Summer, we will have a fresh cut flower of roses and hydrangeas.  It is good to have fresh flowers throughout the year for our home.

Added 10 of  September from Dendrobium grower in Traralgon.  Two beautiful dendrobium speciosum orchids.  Bekarghi and Kayla.
 
Dendrobium Speciosum Bekarghi

Dendrobium speciosum Kayla



Until Next Post
Susy




No comments:

Post a Comment