Monday 4 May 2015

Petty Pink

Pink is the colour for hope for some.  I am thinking of those special people today, baking a pink cake to share for Australia's Biggest Morning Tea.

The Pink Cake Dressed in Pink Butter Cream, Pink Meringues
and Filled with Cream Patisserie.
Pretty Pink Cake

It is a single sponge and filled with a creamy cream patisserie, iced with pink buttercream and dressed with petite pink meringue.  The buttercream is very mild and thinly spread, so the cake won't be too sweet or too creamy, it is good to be enjoyed by all age groups.  However, for diabetic people, maybe it is not advisable.

Home Baked Chocolate Cake Squares
Dressed in chocolate ganache and homemade candied apple and shredded orange in syrup




Preparation.
sifted mixed flour - corn flour, custard powder and self-rising,
with cream of tartar, bicarbonate of soda,
Beating five eggs with caster sugar

Freshly baked five eggs sponge.


The Filling is a cream patisserie, you could prepare the day you would like to dress it.

A Rich Cream Patisserie
Ingredients
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons corn flour
2 tablespoon plain flour
50 g sugar
300 g milk

There was a mishap, I put two tables spoons of corn flour and plain flour instead of two tablespoons of each.  The result was a very soft, custard cream.  To that, I added some whipped cream, which made the custard even lighter.






The cake is now filled with the cream patisserie and dressed in pink buttercream.  I hope it cuts well, I am hoping that the cream patisserie has set overnight refrigerated 

As I thought, the pink cake did not cut very well, but it's still acceptable.  Taste good and looks good too.




For this particular occasion I am thinking to bake a chocolate cake which is based on my Moist Milo cake.  It is chocolate square,  and I am sure it is going to be a crowd pleaser

Sunday night the chocolate cake was successfully baked,

To Dress the Chocolate Cake Squares










The month of May or June is the month to have Australia's Biggest Morning Tea.  Family and friends, support clubs etc.,  get together to have the morning tea to raise money to support Cancer Council
I am very fortunate that I could participate and contribute my home baking this year.


Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment