Monday 24 November 2014

On A Monday


I was feeling so energetic today, after a long game of ping pong in the morning, I did work in the garden, but after one hour, it started raining.  I was so keen to finish the job which was deadheading my standard iceberg roses

White and Hot Pink Iceberg Roses
Brown and dry roses, unsightly.  Deadheading need to be done.

A wheelbarrow full of cutting, wilted and brownish dry roses ready for the rubbish bin.
I stopped for a while as the rain became rapid,  went inside the house, and cooked for tonight dinner, that was an excellent idea, anyway I believed that the rain will ease a little so I could go back outside.    I was right, I continued my work only one more rose plant to go, while the Bolognese sauce was cooking away in my kitchen.  Two jobs were done at the same time, it has been a very fruitful Monday.

The New Look 
The four standard roses look clean, healthy and there are a couple of buds already, before too long,  the second round flowering will be here.

A good start for the week, about two hours playing the game this morning, started off with reasonably easy matches, the luck of having a right partner and very generous and understanding opponents, then the games continued.  Meeting smart partners,  against other skilful people, could be difficult, but in my case, it is the time to learn and to improve.

Pound cake with cherry liquor and
white chocolate - macadamia nuts topping.

It was a sweet day for us,  the day that we both loved to share delicious cakes for morning tea, often it falls on a Monday.







Today is Monday, the fruitful day a good beginning for the week. 

The last fresh cut roses for the house for now.
Hot Pink Iceberg Roses







Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment