Thursday 2 February 2012

In The Garden

From Strawberry Patches  To  Topiary


Clearing up strawberry patches, to minimise the spots and also making the space for new plants.  I am thinking to plant some flowering annual on those patches.  It is going to work, I know, it has enough sun throughout the day.


There were more than fifty strawberry plants that I got rid off, I am glad now that I will only look after smaller patches, they don't need as much mulch as before, and also less water.  It is manageable, and I shall have a good crop too


I let the soil to rest for a while before I plant new plants.  In the meantime, I could organise a plan for those spaces. Should I have flowering plants or just beautiful green?  I will come up with something.


Potted topiary plants have been there for a few years, I report them regularly, every two years.  They are slow growing English Box, straightforward to care for, maybe it is better to put them on the ground,  they will grow faster,  but in the pot, I like them better, as  I could move them around.



After repotting, they will experience a set back for a while, but when they are settled, they will grow well, they can make a beautiful display in the garden.

More work in the garden, to make the best of the dry weather.  I love it if it is not too hot. It just updates what was happening in my garden

Any tips on how to look after topiary plants are very welcome and very much appreciated.  There is plenty of room for improvement regarding my gardening.   Leave your comments, thank you.


Until Next Time
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment