Sunday 26 February 2012

Herbs Flowers

Flowers  of  Herbs and Fresh Produces


oregano, mint, garlic chive, radicchio, geranium flowers

Herbs are beneficial for medicinal purposes and also for cooking.  My cooking uses a lot of them, not only for flavouring but also for garnishing and decorating the dishes.  Add them into salads which give lovely colours, also add aroma to them.

These flowers of my herbs garden are beautiful and aromatic.  Tissane with aromatic herbs and their flowers are so delightful and refreshing.


Radicchio Flowers, excellent for garnishes, salad and added into herbal tea.



Clove Geranium, flavour for casseroles/roasts, mix in salad and added into herbal tea
Roasted apples garnished with geranium flowers



Oregano flowers, beautiful to garnish pies



Garlic chives, excellent for garnish of savoury platters, delicious to add in an omelette



 Mint flowers taste like their leaves but have a milder flavour. Use in custards, desserts and vegetables that is what I learnt.  I use them a lot for cooking with lamb mince, salads and garnishes.


The latest herbs plant that I have in my garden is golden oregano, thanks to Ann and Max.
I must plant it properly, I am looking forward to using it for my cooking.


Fresh Produces.

Farmers' Market for this month was excellent, a sunny day, a lot of people there, and the regular fresh producers were busy enough.  I think they had a good day.  Well, I did, at least I met a good friend whom I have not seen for a long time, and managed to catch up a little.
We come home with a few fresh vegetables and apples, purple Dutch carrots, a bunch of celery, corn on the cobs and red, pink lady apples. 


Roasted Dutch carrots are suitable to serve with roast pork, I could bake some apples too.  To have fresh corn on the cobs is a treat.


Roasted Beetroot
dressed with honey and flower of oregano


Recipes for savoury scones are plenty around, they use a lot of fresh herbs.  I will share my delicious scone with mixed flowers of the herbs soon.  I will be using garlic chives flowers, mint flowers, clove geranium flowers and maybe dandelion flowers.

Stay Tuned
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment