Saturday 4 February 2012

Flavours of Spain

Warm Beef Salad and Chorizo

Very delicious and flavoursome this warm salad, and it is effortless to prepare.  All ingredients are readily available in any supermarket. 

You don't need a recipe, you can always improvise by yourself as long as you know the ingredients.   But I share my recipes as a guide only, in the end, your own judgement is more important. By saying that, I am happy to let you know that my recipe works well for me.

These are what you need: rump steak, chorizo (Spanish sausage), red onion, red capsicum, potato, red tomato, green beans and one or two eggs.  The dressing is a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and herbs. When I am feeling rich, I make saffron dressing for it.
Use any vegetables what you wish and also the meat that you want to have.

The Ingredients

I marinate the rump steak with tamarind, and pan fry for a few minutes, I cook it well done.  Rest for a few minutes.  In the meantime prepare the rest of the ingredients: cook the egg for an omelette, sliced.
Pan fry quickly the chorizo, red onions, and capsicum.  Boil the beans until cooked but still crunchy and slice the fresh tomato.

The Cooking
Pan fried Rump Steak-rested
Grilled chorizo and red capsicum

The salad
Slice the steak, thinly, place them on a serving bowl, add in the beans, the onion, chorizo and the capsicum.  Stir in the juice from the steak, add in the dressing, toss and mix,  add shredded rinds of lemon  Salad is ready to serve.
Serve the salad with crusty bread, or a rice dish.

Getting The Salad Ready
Put all cooked ingredients on a bowl

Add in the dressing

Toss and Mix

Colourful, Fresh And Delicious


Nice warm salad with Spanish flavours served with tomato rice.

Thank you, Spain, for the excellent flavours.  We passed Madrid and Barcelona once,  I tasted a lamb dish, paella, and a generous spread, we enjoyed the flavours of Spain and the Tapas.

Do we find this warm salad on the Spanish family's table? I am not sure, but the flavours are Spanish.  This salad is my composed salad.  Give it a go, you may like it too.


Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment