Sunday 5 February 2012

Chop Chop

A New Kitchen Gadget

It is always good to have a new thing, a new hat, a new toy, in my case it is a new tool for my kitchen.  A gift of new kitchen scissors, precisely to chop herbs. I do have utility kitchen scissors already.  I think the new scissors will be coming handy.

A New pair of scissors for chopping herbs


Having a lot of gadgets for the kitchen can be troublesome because we have to look after them, to do proper maintenance.  To be practical is the answer, have the tools that are needed for what you need.
If you do a lot of chopping for day to day cooking, a good kitchen knife is enough.  However, a food processor is good to have,  it does the chopping and of course a lot more.

Vegetables Chopper-Onion Chopper

 Chopper Gadgets
From onion chopper (it is good because the onion is enclosed inside, to protect your eyes), mini chopper (a part of a blender), kitchen scissors for chopping herbs, and a good sharp kitchen knife.

The food processor is convenient to have as it can make the scone-pastry dough, it chops meat and processes it into mouses; also it does for smoothing soup, and it grates/cuts various styles of vegetables.

The food processor slices and shreds vegetables evenly, I think it is great to have one.  It helps me a lot even though my knife skill is good, but by far my girls are better than me, especially Melanie.  Her daughter Mary Rose said to me: my mum chops spring onion very finely for cooking pasta (at that time she saw me chopping some spring onions very roughly).  My granddaughter Mary Rose is so smart.


Chopping Chives  with My New Scissors
 
Chopped Carrots and Portobello Mushrooms
Using a Kitchen Knife




Cooking with Chopped Vegetables



A large fresh squash from a friend's vegetables garden-Irene.  I cooked and braised. 
Thinking of you - Irene and many thanks.


Cooking fresh vegetables from the homegrown garden is a treat, I  try to do it with care and respect.  I thought to stuff the fresh squash with vegetables, cheese and risone pasta then braise for a longer time, it is the way to go, for a Flavoursome Vegetarian  Dish.


Irene's Braised Stuffed Giant Squash.
A Delicious Vegetarian Dish


 I dedicate this cooking for my daughter Jane who lives in the Netherlands with her husband, Ed.   She loves vegetarian food. 


Braised Stuffed Giant Squash continues.

Stay Tuned
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment