Thursday 9 February 2012

Before And After

In  The  Kitchen   -   Cooking  The  Meal

Omelet in Pastry
Before the food is served at the table, usually I could visualise it what it is going to look, and I know what taste it is going to be.  It is very satisfying if the plan and the process of cooking a dish work out accordingly. 

In the early nineties when the girls were still at home, they thought that I was odd because I liked to record my cooking by taking pictures, mainly if I cooked a big dinner consisting of a lot of dishes.  This habit of mine has been going on for a long time ago, and I still do it today.

It still amazes me to see how the simple ingredients can produce a delicious dish, therefore to record it is a must, and I am happy to be able to share it now. 

Today I cooked Omelet in Pastry.


Before  And  After
These are pictures of the cooking process, from raw ingredients to a cooked dish.

Freshly picked  herbs and vegetables in the afternoon, and other ingredients
that I have at hand to cook for the evening meal


I picked the fresh ingredients from the garden, to go with others that I got in the pantry, and in the fridge hopefully, I can cook and serve omelette in pastry for the evening meal.  That was the plan that I got in mind.  So I did.


I chopped up the young silverbeet
leaves and the herbs-chives, mints
and rosemary. 
A batch of Susy's water pastry:
from the pantry, I got the flour, oil
add some water to make the pastry











Place veggies and herbs in a bowl, add
eggs, and Parmesan cheese, salt.
Transfer 2 buttered pastry rounds onto
frying pan, overlapping








Place the omelette mixture
on the pastry, cook over med heat
for three minutes
Cover the mixture with two  buttered
pastry rounds after 3 minutes, keep on
cooking, cover it with round paper








After 7 minutes of cooking,
it should puff up beautifully. Turn it
over, cover and cook for 6 minutes
It should be looking golden brown,
 continue cooking to make the bottom to be
golden brown too






The omelette in Pastry
Before: From Humble Ingredients,  After Crispy Light Golden Pastry with
Omelet  Filling




Before and After   -    In The Garden

Faded  Hydrangea
In the garden, my beautiful hydrangea has been so fantastic, I cut and put them inside to brighten up my kitchen. They have been flowering since spring, long before Christmas, and now the colours have faded and changed.  They look rustic, and I like them.  I learnt a lot from plants and flowers, I take them as they come, the gift from nature.  At present, I got the faded hydrangea arrangements in the house.  Before the colours were pink, purple and blue, and After: now, they become lovely greenish.  I think it is a gorgeous colour.
It has been a busy week, but a good one.  Looking forward to a great weekend with the grandkids.

Until Next Post
Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment